Retrospective evaluation of the clinical performance of direct composite restorations using the snow-plow technique : up to 4 years follow-up
NAGIOS: RODERIC FUNCIONANDO

Retrospective evaluation of the clinical performance of direct composite restorations using the snow-plow technique : up to 4 years follow-up

DSpace Repository

Retrospective evaluation of the clinical performance of direct composite restorations using the snow-plow technique : up to 4 years follow-up

Show simple item record

dc.contributor.author Boruziniat, Alireza es
dc.contributor.author Khaki, Hossein es
dc.contributor.author Majidinia, Sara es
dc.date.accessioned 2020-02-04T13:25:53Z
dc.date.available 2020-02-04T13:25:53Z
dc.date.issued 2019 es
dc.identifier.uri https://hdl.handle.net/10550/72880
dc.description.abstract To evaluate the clinical performance of direct composite restorations using the snowplow technique with up to 4 years of follow-up. In this retrospective study, 101 class II composite restorations which were placed in permanent molars (n = 19) and premolars (n = 82) in 85 patients by the snowplow technique, were evaluated according to the modified USPHS criteria. A Kaplan-Meier analysis with a 95% confidence level was used to calculate the survival probability. Of the 101 teeth examined, tooth failure was identified in 8 teeth due to secondary caries (3%), marginal gap (2%), marginal discoloration (1%) and restoration breakdown (2%) which required replacement of the whole restoration. Sixteen teeth achieved a Bravo score and just needed to be repaired. The results of the Kaplan-Meier analysis regarding overall survival estimates of composite-treated teeth using the snowplow technique at 1-, 2-, 3- and 4- year follow-ups were 99%, 96.2%, 89.6% and 79% respectively. The median survival times of composite restorations using the snowplow technique were 46.49 ± 11.47 month. This retrospective study showed that application of a flowable composite as a liner using the snowplow technique does not improve the clinical survival of posterior composite restorations. es
dc.source Boruziniat, Alireza ; Khaki, Hossein ; Majidinia, Sara. Retrospective evaluation of the clinical performance of direct composite restorations using the snow-plow technique : up to 4 years follow-up. En: Journal of Clinical and Experimental Dentistry, 11 11 2019: 964-968 es
dc.title Retrospective evaluation of the clinical performance of direct composite restorations using the snow-plow technique : up to 4 years follow-up es
dc.type info:eu-repo/semantics/article en
dc.type info:eu-repo/semantics/publishedVersion en
dc.subject.unesco UNESCO::CIENCIAS MÉDICAS es
dc.identifier.doi 10.4317/jced.55639 es

View       (292.8Kb)

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record

Search DSpace

Advanced Search

Browse

Statistics