Straight and tilted implants for supporting screw-retained full-arch dental prostheses in atrophic maxillae : a 2-year prospective study
NAGIOS: RODERIC FUNCIONANDO

Straight and tilted implants for supporting screw-retained full-arch dental prostheses in atrophic maxillae : a 2-year prospective study

DSpace Repository

Straight and tilted implants for supporting screw-retained full-arch dental prostheses in atrophic maxillae : a 2-year prospective study

Show simple item record

dc.contributor.author Menéndez Collar, M. es
dc.contributor.author Serrera Figallo, María Angeles es
dc.contributor.author Hita Iglesias, Pilar es
dc.contributor.author Castillo de Oyagüe, Raquel es
dc.contributor.author Casar Espinosa, Juan Carlos es
dc.contributor.author Gutiérrez Corrales, Aida es
dc.contributor.author Gutiérrez Pérez, José Luis es
dc.contributor.author Torres Lagares, Daniel es
dc.date.accessioned 2019-02-14T08:18:33Z
dc.date.available 2019-02-14T08:18:33Z
dc.date.issued 2018 es
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/10550/68960
dc.description.abstract To evaluate, over a 2-year period, the treatment outcomes for maxillary full-arch fixed dental prostheses (FDPs) supported by a combination of both tilted and axially-placed implants and to compare the marginal bone loss (MBL) and implant survival rates (SR) between tilted and axial implants. A retrospective study has been carried out. Thirty-two patients (16 males and 16 females) treated with maxillary full-arch FDPs were included in this retrospective study. A total of 187 implants were inserted to rehabilitate the fully edentulous maxillary arches: 36% of them were tilted (T group, n = 68) and the remaining 64% were axially placed (A group, n = 119). From the total, 28% of the implants (n=53) were immediately loaded with screw-retained provisional acrylic restorations, whereas 72% underwent conventional delayed prosthetic loading 6 months post-operatively. Definitive restorations were hybrid implant prostheses (metal framework covered with high-density acrylic resin) and metal-ceramic screw-retained implant prostheses, and were placed 6 months after surgery. Such definitive restorations were checked for proper function and aesthetics every three months for two years. Peri-implant marginal bone levels were assessed by digital radiographs immediately after surgery and MBL was assessed at definitive implant loading (baseline) and 2 years afterwards. The 2-year implant SR were 100% for axially placed implants and 98.5% for tilted implants. No significant differences were found amongst the A and T implant groups. Marginal bone loss measured at 2 years after definitive prosthetic loading was of -0.73 ± 0.72 mm (maximum MBL of 1.43 mm) for axially positioned implants vs. ?0.51 ± 0.92 mm for tilted implants (maximum bone 1.45 mm). Differences in MBL were statistically significant when comparing immediately and delayed loaded implants. Based on the results of this retrospective clinical study, full-arch fixed prostheses supported by a combination of both tilted and axially placed implants may be considered a predictable and viable treatment modality for the prosthetic rehabilitation of the completely edentulous maxilla. es
dc.source Menéndez Collar, M. ; Serrera Figallo, María Angeles ; Hita Iglesias, Pilar ; Castillo de Oyagüe, Raquel ; Casar Espinosa, Juan Carlos ; Gutiérrez Corrales, Aida ; Gutiérrez Pérez, José Luis ; Torres Lagares, Daniel. Straight and tilted implants for supporting screw-retained full-arch dental prostheses in atrophic maxillae : a 2-year prospective study. En: Medicina oral, patología oral y cirugía bucal. Ed. inglesa, 23 6 2018: 13- es
dc.title Straight and tilted implants for supporting screw-retained full-arch dental prostheses in atrophic maxillae : a 2-year prospective study es
dc.type info:eu-repo/semantics/article en
dc.type info:eu-repo/semantics/publishedVersion en
dc.subject.unesco UNESCO::CIENCIAS MÉDICAS es
dc.identifier.doi 10.4317/medoral.22459 es

View       (490.4Kb)

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record

Search DSpace

Advanced Search

Browse

Statistics