Comparison of implant primary stability between maxillary edentulous ridges receiving intramembranous origin block grafts
NAGIOS: RODERIC FUNCIONANDO

Comparison of implant primary stability between maxillary edentulous ridges receiving intramembranous origin block grafts

DSpace Repository

Comparison of implant primary stability between maxillary edentulous ridges receiving intramembranous origin block grafts

Show simple item record

dc.contributor.author Monje, Alberto es
dc.contributor.author Monje Gil, Florencio es
dc.contributor.author Suárez, Fernando es
dc.contributor.author González García, R. es
dc.contributor.author Villanueva Alcojol, Laura es
dc.contributor.author Nogales, A.G. es
dc.contributor.author Galindo Moreno, Pablo es
dc.contributor.author Wang, Hom-Lay es
dc.date.accessioned 2014-05-29T07:05:55Z
dc.date.available 2014-05-29T07:05:55Z
dc.date.issued 2013 es
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/10550/35630
dc.source Monje, Alberto ; Monje Gil, Florencio ; Suárez, Fernando ; González García, R. ; Villanueva Alcojol, Laura ; Nogales, A.G. ; Galindo Moreno, Pablo ; Wang, Hom-Lay. Comparison of implant primary stability between maxillary edentulous ridges receiving intramembranous origin block grafts. En: Medicina oral, patología oral y cirugía bucal. Ed inglesa, 2013, Vol. 18, No. 3: 449-454 es
dc.subject Odontología es
dc.subject Ciencias de la salud es
dc.title Comparison of implant primary stability between maxillary edentulous ridges receiving intramembranous origin block grafts es
dc.type info:eu-repo/semantics/article en
dc.type info:eu-repo/semantics/publishedVersion en
dc.subject.unesco UNESCO::CIENCIAS MÉDICAS es
dc.description.abstractenglish Purpose: The purposes of the present study were: to compare the resonance frequency analysis (RFA) values of implant placed in either ramus or calvaria block grafts; and to determine if implant diameter influences RFA implant stability quotient (ISQ) value. Material and Methods: This was a retrospective study that included 16 consecutives healthy patients treated with autogenous onlay block grafts for horizontal bone reconstruction in maxilla. Ten ramus and ten calvaria block graft treated patients were selected and compared. Results: Totally, 59 implants were placed, 35 (59.3%) were placed on the calvaria bone grafts and the remaining 24 (40.7%) were on the ramus bone graft. Of all the implants studied, 13 (22%), 35 (59.3%), and 11 (18.6%) were 10 mm, 11.5 mm and 13 mm in length respectively. Regarding the diameter, 4 (7%) were 3.3 mm, 3 (5%) were 3.5 mm, 20 (34%) were 3.7 mm and 32 (54%) were 4 mm. Mean ISQ value obtained by RFA was 73.06 ± 6.08, being 72.19 ± 6 and 74.47 ± 6.06 for the calvaria and ramus treated group respectively. No significant differences were noted between the two groups (p= 0.154). Implants were pooled and divided by their diameter. Mean ISQ value obtained for 3.3 mm was 80 ± 5.09, while for 4.0 mm was 72.5 ± 7.19. Again, no significant differences were found among the groups (p= 0.138). Conclusion: For RFA ISQ value, the bone graft origins (calvaria or ramus) or implant diameters did not influence the outcome. es

View       (499.3Kb)

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record

Search DSpace

Advanced Search

Browse

Statistics